07/02/2009

Rome


This is part of my grandma's house in Rome, her and my granddad had it build in the early '50s, when all around them was prairies and agricultural land. Now it's pretty much surrounded by buildings and shopping centres, but I still love it, it's my personal oasis at Rome's edges. On the right of that car there's a wee spot behind a hedge, just next to the property's limit, I used to go there to hole up and dream when I was younger, it also became a quite useful spot to know once I started smoking! That house is full of hiding places and rooms where a solitary kid can go dream and play, or just hide to read something in peace for a while. I am bursting of wonderful memories of hours spent there, and to this day going back always brings peace to my mind (well, not the flight.. but that's another story and a proper full on rant...). I am hoping to go back there in early March, but we'll see..

Rome in general is a city that always calms me down when my mind's troubled, the architecture, the people's friendliness, the feeling of the city, the fact that wherever you turn you are immerse in history, and of course the food, all these things combined make it one of the most relaxed places in the world, and definitely one of my favourite cities. God I miss it!

So yeah, pretty long entry for picture of the day, but it was needed, I'll never find enough words to express my feelings for that house and Rome...

No comments:

Post a Comment